Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, May 23, 2011

May 16, 2011 - Family Email

All the youth of the ward in Huelva
So this computer I am on is horrible and won’t let me upload my photos and I have good ones this week of the ward members and an investigator.  So next week we will have to see ya?  Okay mother I feel horrible asking you to buy this but, I kinda need it.  Okay, so it is one of those small electric dictionaries from English-Spanish dictionaries.  Try and find one that is small and has the most words on it.  I need to start getting words down and able to get them fast!  I love you!! You are the best.  They are small so it should fit in the package along with batteries for it.  You issssssssssss the best.  I hope they aren´t super expensive.  But anyways do you want the NEWS.
Elder Shaver and I are going to move to CÁCERES.  Here is a little information about Cáceres.  It is the farthest area away from the mission home you can get.  There is only 15 members there.I don´t know if that is active members or just total members.  It is hotter than Huelve but, in the winter it can get cold.  I already think Huelva is super hot....so I am in for a treat.  You can get onto LDS.ORG and go under tools and select maps and look at the city and stuff it´s like google earth you can see the chapel and everything it´s actual pictures.  It´s really cool.  Okay so I lied to dad there is like 50 to 60 active members in Huelva not 30.  But it´s sad leaving here the members are sweet hearts here.  Especially Hermana Galicia I have a picture of her coming next week because this horrible computer.  So I believe I will be in Elder Mannings district so that will be good!  We are in the same zone but now the same district.
This is our 20 year investigator that  I  hope gets baptized
So we have so many new investigators, this week we did work!  So I guess that is why I was in Huelva to help Elder Becerra get investigators.  The one investigator that is 20 years old I think will be baptized we taught her last night and I really bore my testimony with the spirit about having faith and pour out your heart and questions to the Lord.  That is how you know the church is true.  Everyone has to ask God if this is the true church.  So she really listened to me and I think it sunk into her head on how you need to do it.  The members said they really felt the spirit super strong when I spoke.  So I hope the spirit taught her.  I told her the spirit is the teacher, when you pray you feel the spirit, you are talking with GOD.  So I hope that it works out for her.  I know she likes me, and I think that was one of the reason I was called to Huelva.
This is Hermana Galicia, my mother out in Huelva haha.  And her daughter, she has a son serving in Barcelona, Spain
Zone Conference was super good.  I loved it, and Hermana and President Clegg are the BOMB.  They really are the coolest Presidents out serving missions.  Hermana Clegg calls us her own children and loves us.  She is a sweet lady and talks really well, similar to Elder Holland.  So that is about all that happened this week...
I don´t know my address to my apartment.  Oh yeah they call this a "white wash".  We go to a new city with nothing.  We don´t know where anything is and we have to contact all our new investigators.  There are sister missionaries there, but they aren´t having much success so they are sending us in there.  So yeah we will do work with 15 members and the SPIRIT.  So I am excited and I won’t be in a trio companionship anymore.
OH PS  I want fastbreaks in my package please.  I miss peanutbutter and chocolate so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment