Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

Elder Cody Hafen's Areas

F.Y.I.

We will try to keep you updated with Elder Hafen through his letters and with pictures and slideshows. Most of his pictures and slideshows will be posted at the end of the blog. Thanks :)

Cody's Homecoming Invitation

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 7, 2011 - Email to Family

The French and NA Missionaries (whatever NA stands for?)
Hello Family....
On the Metro, Elders Wilkinson, Forsythe, Manning, and Peterson
The MTC is great and it´s just the same old thing every day.  So you asked what my companions first name is, Jason Hunt.  He is pretty cool but sarcastic without the humor.  But it´s okay I like him, Elder Petersons companion is Elder Walton he got here like 5 days after we did.  Elder Hunt and Walton are like lovers so they are always together so me and Peterson are pretty much companion’s haha.  The food here is the same still, horse burgers, really fishy fish and french fries.  It was a sad day this Tuesday.  Our favorite people got sent out into the field!!!  Elder Forsythe and Wilkinson are gone.  Elder Forsythe is from Dallas TX and is 6´4¨ and about 300 pounds.  He played football at Snow College and his family moved to Orem.  They live right by Timpview High school now, so his little brother is now playing there.  Elder Wilkypoo is from Leeds England and is the funniest kid alive!  He hates people touching him; so Manning would always grab his butt and stuff.  So now Wilkinson will ¨Smack bottoms´´ we have corrupted him.  This is good he needed to loosen up a bit, but they are gone now serving in the Madrid mission.  We get to go travel the city on P-days so I have a ton of cool pictures.  Madrid is like New York City exactly; but the buildings look Roman catholic, it is pretty awesome looking.  I cannot wait to get to Málaga; the MTC is getting pretty old.  I don´t care that I hardly know the language I just want to get out there.  So my Spanish is getting a lot better but it is so stressful; it gets me down at times.  Last night I got caught up in talking about the first vision, well leading up to the first vision.  I am really good at testifying which is good because they are only going to believe it if they know that I know it is true.  But I have faith, I know I will learn the language eventually and come home fluent with a Málaga accent.  They drop the S´s and use the theta ¨th¨ lisp more.  I am already using the lisp when I remember to use it.  They also speak super fast.... I hope I am called to Seville that is where it is 120 degrees.  I will lose weight out there.  I don´t understand, I eat less and never get to snack out here and I keep at the same weight.  I do a lot of pushups every night.  Last night I did 4 sets of 20 I was pretty impressed because I don´t do wimpy baby pushups.  But I am loving the MTC it is awesome; I love the mission because I know it is making me into a man.
Madrid Temple
GENERAL CONFERENCE.  WOW.  So you know me, I don´t think I have ever sat down and watched a whole session of General Conference.  It was amazing.  I was laughing and panicking at the same time.  Because there was 4 talks on getting married!!  One of the apostles said, I believe Elder Scott in the last session ¨after your mission, your number one desire should be taking a young woman to the temple to be married.¨ That is not far away for me at all!! Every talk was so interesting to me besides the weird General Welfare program talks I kind of tuned out even though I know it is awesome and our church is awesome.  My testimony grew so much.  I took like 14 pages of notes because I was just soaking in all the info they gave me about being a good father and spouse.  That is super important to me because that is what this mission is doing for me!  I loved the talk on trials too by Kent F. Richard, because learning Spanish is hard for me! I know I am in the Lords hands, and I have Jesus Christ as my brother and his atonement to always help me!  Brady, yes way to listen to those talks about getting married.  I thought about you the entire time during those talks.  I think going to Dixie is where you need to be.  When I read the email mom just wrote it felt right in my heart right away.  So I hope all that works out for you and a new start down there seems to be the answer. Good luck.  Conference also made me think about my mother.  I think it was Elder Oaks talk about women in the church!  I thought of all the times you have served me and continue to do so right now!  Thanks mom it means so much to me and I love you sooo much!!  You are amazing! I kid you not!  Love you MOM!  So about the card I will go look for one today.  We took more pictures today because the Italians are gone and we got a new France district.  So Pres Earl is gonna send some more pictures.  Pres Earl is soooo cool.  He literally knows every little detail of the gospel.  Pres is also a millionaire.  He knows every single missionary that has come into the MTC and the missionaries when he was a Pres in the Peru mission.  He told us if we get married in the temple he will let us stay in his house in Mazatlan for free!! He said his missionaries do it all the time.  He really makes you family here and keeps in touch really good. 
Have a wonderful day.  I have the best parents in the entire world.  Sorry I have sent you like 16 emails but I forgot to tell you Happy Anniversary.  I love you and make sure you have a good day!  How is the ankle dad? How is work? I love you.  Congrats on how ever long you have been married, I forgot...like 36? I don´t remember but you are old!
Love you,
Yo necesito estudiar español mas.
Baby Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment